The Church of St Ann, Manchester, once had its own graveyard encircling the rear of the building.
The site was used for interments between 1712-1854, which were stopped due to the Burial Act, putting a halt to burials being carried out in already overcrowded church yards.
The burial ground was partially cleared in 1842 and the majority of the gravestones were removed in 1892, although a few are still visible. The former church yard was paved over and landscaped and today is part of the St. Ann’s Square development.
Click below for a short video tour . . .